For more information about
this role please contact: Edward Wild or Poppy Bryanton on 0207 233 2230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday 26th March at 9am.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Non-Executive Director, Dover Harbour Board
The Port of Dover, Europe’s busiest ferry port, handles up to £122bn of trade each year and supports up to 22,000 jobs. As one of the largest trust ports, it is an independent statutory corporation and operates as a highly commercial enterprise.
The Board is responsible for the continued development of this world class port and vital international gateway, including its administration, maintenance and improvement. The Board is focused on developing the port, growing the business and providing an important and continued contribution to the regeneration of Dover.
In addition to maintaining and improving the Eastern Docks Ferry Terminal, a major investment programme is underway, including the revival of the Western Docks, comprising a new cargo terminal, new marina and waterfront development. This represents the largest single investment the Board has ever undertaken. As the closest point to mainland Europe a challenge for the Port is to understand the implications for the Port of the UK leaving the EU
The Dover Harbour Board seeks a Non-Executive Director who will be appointed by the Secretary of State for a tenure of three years. Alongside the integrity, skills and judgement required of all Non-Executive Directors, the successful candidate should offer:
- Wide and relevant business experience at senior levels in an organisation or organisations of comparable complexity, profile and prominence.
- Relevant board experience and wide ranging commercial experience.
- Wide knowledge and experience of the ports and shipping industry; knowledge of cargo and ferry operations being desirable.
- An understanding and knowledge of delivery of infrastructure programmes and projects.
- A track record of business growth and the ability to support the Board and the Executive team in attracting new customers to the Port.
- Experience of the development of port logistics facilities will be an advantage.