Westside School, Chair of Board of Governors
For more information and details of how to apply please contact Poppy Bryanton on 0207 233 2230 or email email@example.com
Westside School, Chair
Westside is an Alternative Provision Academy, first established in 2006 and now government funded as a Free School. It is based in a wonderful modern building just off Kings St in central Hammersmith. The school is focused on supporting 50 pupils in Years 7-11 who have been excluded from mainstream schools. Westside is well regarded by the Department for Education given the results it has achieved: beating the national average in Maths in 2017, and all Year 11 students being placed in either vocational or Sixth form colleges every year, as well as some alumni moving on to university. The School has an effective and experienced leader in its current Head. The Board is keen to build on its success to date and is looking to develop its provision elsewhere through the creation of a Multi Academy Trust.
The Board is now looking to identify candidates to take the school forward on this growth journey, to succeed the founder as its Chair of Governors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of governance, accountability and overseeing or leading growth (ideally in an educational context)
- The ability to engage all board members in a collaborative and effective way.
- A strong financial understanding and management experience, with the ability to oversee the development of an organisation through growth
- A track record of leading or chairing a MAT or successful school would be ideal.
- Prior experience as a trustee or board member is essential, as well as a strong belief in the principles and vision of the school.